Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time-out for Maci, or a waste--You Decide!

Well the other day Maci got into some trouble so I sent her to time-out. Her old time-out was in her bedroom and she was starting to enjoy it a little too much! So I decided to assign her a "new spot"....in the laundry room (thanks for the idea Brandee :)) I put her in there and when I went back to talk to her about what she had done, she was just sitting on the floor smiling. So I sent her out and was in the middle of changing a load of laundry when she came back in and said, "mom thank you so much for giving me a new time-out spot-I really like it!" She was so sincere--well that was a huge waste! So much for the "new time-out spot" Any ideas...I obviously need them. So here is a picture of our girl who keeps us laughing all of the time! We love you Maci!

10 comments:

Callisters said...

Well not that this is a great idea, but it seems to work for me... I have two time out places one by my front door and one by my back door. It works out perfectly because most often they are used at the same time-one by each boy!!! It seems to work for us (as well as time-outs work). I remember when I was growing up all my mom had to do for me was give me the "look" and I new I needed to stop. I am still working on the "look" for my kids! I have also taken a favorite toy away for a day or two. Really all I can say is good luck!

tOyn fAmiLy said...

Time outs can get so frustrating! maybe get a timout rug! Your girls are seriously adorable, i love their smiles!

Tai and Joe said...

That is too funny! I am not an expert on kids sense I don't have any yet! my brothers said putting them faced first in a corner has always worked for them.

Tara and Andrew said...

Oh gosh...how can you get mad at that??:) I have to say I'm not looking forward to that time in my life when I have to give a consequence. It's too much fun to just love them right now!:) Best of luck, Tan. I obviously have NO good ideas...

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

oh that is funny! sorry no more good ideas from me.

Carin said...

No ideas from me... but let me know if you get any good ones. I'm going to need them. :) That is seriously so cute that she said that though.

aLiSha said...

Hey! This may seem cruel but my sister uses it and I plan on it when Oakley is big enough to get into trouble. She puts them in the corner of her living room and makes them put thier noses in the corner. So they can't see anything but the wall. It seems to work for her kids.

smnorton said...

Hey that is so funny, I love Maci. Jaxon has a time out chair it is an old primary chair and he sits in it my problem is Cam yells at me and sits next to him and Jaxon says thanks for sticking up for me Cam. Thats a total different problem. But its like you said all you can do it laugh. Keep trying!!

Joell said...

Ellie loves her timeout spot too! What do we do! Maybe our daughters are just so creative they can make any spot fun!

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

TIME OUT? I would try another idea. Take dollies, and toys away if they want them back or want to be "good" they will have to do something to earn them back clean a dish or put toys back etc. I think time out is a waste too. Kids are to entertained.. your little one is darling!!!!.